Easy Ways To Update Your Home Design And Style With Pillow Covers
Is your home feeling stale? Uninspired? Same old same old, day in and day out? If so, it might be time for you to consider updating your design and style with some new throw pillow covers. Furniture, paint, and the other "big" interior design choices take time, effort, and resources. But throw pillows are one of the easiest ways you can update your home, by simply changing out the pillows you see daily on your sofa or bed!
Pillow covers are a great way to change the design and style of your home. They provide an inexpensive, quick, and easy way to update your interior design. The addition of new pillow cover or pillows is a simple way to add that special touch.
Here are a few different types of pillow covers to consider:
1. Solid Color Pillow Covers
As the name suggests, these pillow covers are solid in color. They are simple but can add a pop of color to your room. However, a rookie design mistake is taking the easy route and just sticking to solid color covers. This can be a clear tip-off someone is not super invested in personalizing the style of their home.
2. Patterned Pillow Covers
Patterned pillow covers are great if you want to add some visual interest to your room. There are all sorts of patterns available, so you can definitely find ones that fit your style. From floral patterns to geometric patterns, there’s something for everyone.
3. Embroidered Pillow Covers
Embroidered pillow covers are a bit more unique and add texture and visual interest to your room. Embroidered throw pillows are a timeless way to elevate a space.
4. Lumbar Pillow Covers
Perfect for accent chairs, lumbar pillow covers offer a smaller, streamlined shape while still adding that perfect visual pop.
Tips for Successfully Changing Your Pillow Covers
Pillow covers are a great way to update your home decor and add a personal touch to your living space. But how do you choose the right pillow cover for your space, and how do you ensure a successful change out?
Here are some tips:
1. Consider the mood you want to create. Do you want your space to feel more relaxed or more energized? Different colors and patterns can help create different atmospheres, so take some time to think about the overall mood you're trying to achieve.
2. Pay attention to the details. Once you've selected a few potential pillow covers, take a closer look at the details like stitching, piping, and zipper placement. These details can make a big difference in the overall look and feel of the cover. Piping, for instance, is a detail that signals quality construction and style, adding a feeling of luxurious classic design.
3. Make sure the cover fits well. A poorly fitting cover can bunch up and look unsightly. We highly recommend using down or down alternative pillow inserts that are two inches larger than your pillow cover.
4. Don't be afraid to mix and match! Our Flying Tiger pillow covers are a great example of how you can stick to a theme but play with color variation.
We hope that helps you on your journey to a refreshed home! We are partial to pillow covers - Monstera Drive started out as a home decor and design shop primarily focusing on throw pillows and throw pillow covers. We think they are such an amazing way to express your personal style and add a pop of creativity into your home.
-Phil and Brittany
Leave a comment